Friday, March 16, 2012

Realignment

Car crash
In the land of God
Where worlds collide
I am overtaken by
Unethical beurocracy
And I’m sure I tell it wrong
But I’ve been rewired so many times
I’m lucky I can say it at all

You sleep lightly
Just like me
Knowing those who don’t wake up
You sleep lighter
Just like me
Knowing those who will
And we both see the difference
Measured in fat and heroin
One cut out
Another pasted in
Like a third grade project
That always looked uglier than the rest

And it seems everyone is having so much fun
And you thought you could fool us all
You just might have
We separate in God’s playground
Men to the right
Women in the basement

People underestimate your ability
To live life in a TV
You are so sure
That all that glitters is gold
And when the glass broke
It aimed at all of our eyes
And you came home with the news
And you were never forgiven

The fate of a nation
Lies in a montage of disasters
And as you pull it apart
We see it bleed with the gore of God
And now on his deathbed
Like the one before
He is blinded
By the glass that he broke
Unholy temptation and the (child)ren of a Shiksa

And I can’t feel sorry for you
The world took a backseat
For men who can’t speak
But you turned your head
To avoid the drama
And now I keep my eyes open
To watch that door
Open and shut

A man is hit by a car
The entire world is realigned,
Manually.

No comments:

Post a Comment